Remote UI/UX Designer job
For farmers and local food producers who sell directly into local markets, COVID-19 has made the in-person sales they depend on very difficult. As peak harvest season approaches, many local food producers are scrambling to move their sales online, where orders can be fulfilled without face-to-face interaction. How we purchase food has changed.
Are you a creative web developer that wants to help local food producers during this difficult time? Geeks in the Woods - a startup studio - is looking for a UI/UX designer like you to lead the design and development of a new online shopping experience.
Geeks in the Woods is building a new startup B-corp to address this challenge by connecting local food producers directly to consumers. As part of the startup studio, you will be part of a small and agile team developing web experiences - building the startup idea into a scaling marketplace that achieves product/market fit. With this opportunity, you will definitely enjoy agile and lean development processes.
The ideal candidate is funky, creative, resourceful, and driven to work in a lean and results-oriented environment with a high level of integrity and humility. A sense of humor is also a plus. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the software development community. You will have opportunities to create beautiful and impactful user experiences.
- Mobile-first design of UI and UX
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes
- Create original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Execute visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Code new web pages with HTML5, CSS and jQuery
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements
- FUnKy and CREATIVE
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent with visual design and sensitive to user-system interaction
- An individual contributor at heart, that prefers to lead by example rather than managing others to create the change
- Team-oriented problem solver: No one knows everything, so let’s work together
- Comfortable operating at a high speed with occasionally ambiguous requirements
- Proven work experience as a web developer
- 2+ years of graphic design experience
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Full-time Remote Work UI/UX opportunity
This is a full-time position. While we work remotely yet connected in Alaska, we are looking to build relationships with additional remote workers.
How to Apply?
Since our founders grew their last startup in Seattle, they understand the value and compensation required to build strong and diverse teams. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to your online portfolio.